Trice’s Take On Sweating The Small Stuff
Hey to all my sisters united in Fatdom. Reading Myia’s Fatfirmation has inspired me to re-evaluate my progress. I am a stickler for sweating the small stuff. I can’t even workout without running my to-do list in my head at least three times. I actually pause the DVD to jot down a thought so I don’t forget it. In my opinion, that’s a little too OCD even for me. I’m trying my damndest not to focus on the numbers, but instead focus on my progress. Let’s run a few of them down, shall we?
- My fave pair of slacks from Lane Bryant, a size 16 are too big in the waist and the leg. They actually make that “swoosh” sound when I walk in them. I wish they had belt loops, but they don’t. I don’t know if I’ll be wearing them again. They just don’t flatter anymore.
- I can do 20 push-ups (albeit modified) without stopping.
- I can do 30 seconds of high knees without stopping. Hey, that’s majorly major for moi!
- My XL blouses now actually fit. When I say fit, I mean my biceps aren’t stretching the fabric (my tits are still humongous though, so I’m still wearing a safety pin.)
- I bough a KitKat today, and after eating the 2nd wafer, I was actually DONE! I didn’t even want the last two pieces. (They will be consumed tomorrow however. Waste not, want not:-)
So, after listing all these minor accomplishments, my goal is to stay focused on the big picture-eating healthy and incorporating some form of movement into my day. These have been my biggest obstacles all along. They say it takes something like 21 days before something becomes a habit. I’ve been at this over a month. It still feels like a chore, but it’s become a must-have instead of a must-do. I’ll holla……….