Sunday Fatfirmation: Fall is Coming
Fall. The season of change. The leaves turn pretty colors. Kids go back to school (thank goodness!). New shows come on TV (my favorite part). And most important of all – it’s an excuse to reinvent ourselves under the radar. Yep, that’s right. It’s like New Year’s resoloutions without being under the microscope of all those f@ckers out there who want to change us. But this is really different. There’s no microscope and we don’t have tell anybody what the hell we’re doing. It’s personal. Just about us. But all the while, we get great motivation from all the change around us.
Here we go people. Let’s figure out our own personal action plans – something reasonable – and then stick to it. Here’s mine:
1. Stick to Jenny Craig + fruits, veggies and dairy in moderation
2. Light daily exercise consisting of some walking or stair climbing (remember people, I have a herniated disc and 2 bulges in my neck and spine)
3. Allow myself 1 (and only 1) small cheat per week. Usually, it’s a handful of Mike & Ikes from the vending machine at work – or maybe a handful of M&Ms. Not a whole serving! More like a half serving or less.
4. Allow myself 1 (and only 1) REAL cheat per week. This week (yesterday), I had 2 ribs and a an Appletini Smirnoff. It’s bad…but I follow it up with HI fiber and an extra 40oz of water. It’s got to be balanced out.
5. Remind myself that this is for me. This isn’t about pleasing a guy or getting into sexy jeans (but I ain’t gonna lie, those are pretty great side effects too). This is about us “losing” it – all that negative crap – All the excess weight we don’t need; all those negative feelings that make us weigh twice our actual poundage. Get the weight of the world and impressions off your shoulders.
People, we’re not perfect. We’re a work in progress. And since it’s fall, let’s seize the season and make it happen; progress that is.
Tomorrow’s fatfirmation topic: you guessed it, smarty, PROGRESS.